Practical gifts for diabetics
If you're looking for a gift that could actually be quite useful for a diabetic, then these ones are a great choice.
A Super Stylish Myabetic Bag
Us diabetics need to carry a lot of stuff, and in the past, there wasn’t really anything stylish that was built for our needs. Well, thankfully the awesome team at Myabetic created an amazing range of functional bags and backpacks that are customised to hold our pens, needs, monitors and more.
1. Myabetic Banting Diabetes Supply Case
An awesome choice for diabetic moms and dads. This stylish piece will keep your equipment all in one place, and with a variety of colours, there is something to suit everyone. It includes a Velcro pocket, three interior elastics, one mesh zipper pocket, and a removable waist pouch for used supplies such as insulin or test strips. The inside of the case is big enough to hold a CGM including the Omnipod’s PDM or a Dexcom Receiver.
2. Myabetic Love Bug Diabetes Supply Case
This is the perfect gift for diabetics who are of a younger age. This myabetic love bug case is super cute! This versatile case has two separate compartments. One side features two Velcro-removable pockets, two larger net pockets and two elastic loops which can hold insulin pens, a meter, syringe, pump infusion sets and anything else you need to test.
The opposite compartment can hold other necessary items such as emergency sugar/snacks, a FRIO cooling case, or whatever else you may need. It also has a detachable strap making it great for days on the go. A great little bag to make a child feel in control of their t1d supplies.
3. Myabetic Brandy Diabetes Backpack
Those stylish guys and gals will LOVE this amazing and cute backpack from Myactic. The perfect gift for all diabetics! It definitely doesn’t look like a diabetes supply bag and I think that’s the point. It’s super stylish and can hold your diabetes supplies, makeup and purse, so that you can use it daily when out with friends. If you want to feel like a dia-celebrity then this one's for you! Comes in a wonderful choice of shades, but I think this pink frost is super cute.
4. Myabetic Thompson Diabetes Travel Case
Perfect for travelling with diabetes. If you like to travel on city breaks or holidays often, then you’ll know how annoying it is when your diabetes supplies take up space. Well, did you know that 99% of airlines allow you to take an extra bag to hold your diabetic supplies? This Thompson bag is the perfect size and will hold lots of supplies for a holiday lasting a couple of weeks, or your quick city break! I own a purple one and I think it’s super useful and I take it with me on my city breaks.
It has four separate compartments that literally fits everything from pump supplies, test strips, extra monitors, and even a Frio bag!
The iconic Frio bag
I couldn’t possibly travel without my Frio bag and now they’ve got super stylish ones with their Lifestyle Range which means they’re actually cute to carry around. Here’s the one I have been using for years:
You can find out more about Frio & other insulin cooling cases here.
Stylish Diabetic ID’s
Often us diabetics forget to wear ID’s or we don’t find ones we like. It’s easier to wear one when someone buys it for you! So get your diabuddy a great ID to keep them safe (and stylish).
- For women - These are super cute and come in lots of different colours. Fun fact: you get one of these free when you purchase our ebook.
- For men - There is a whole range of daibetic IDs for men too.
- You can even get temporary diabetic tattoos for ID - how cool is that!? Check them out here.
The Miao Maio
The Miao Miao has exploded onto the scene this year and it would make an awesome gift for a diabetic, especially since it’s a one time purchase. Also, you can get $10 off when you purchase via my link here.
Fun gifts for diabetics
If you’re hoping to make your t1d friend, family member or partner giggle, then check out these random, fun and sometimes slightly weird gifts for diabetics.
Quirky Diabetic T-Shirts
We gotta laugh at diabetes sometimes (or else we will just cry), so what better way than a novelty t-shirt or jumper. You can get classic ones, or one's for family and friends! These are my favourites:
- “Keep Calm and Take Insulin” - A Classic
- “I Run On Coffee And Insulin” - Because I really do!
- “Type One-der-ful” - Because it has a unicorn
- “I’m a Warrior- Type 1 Diabetes” - The unicorn is dabbing, how could I not include this!?
I love a good novelty item...so here are some of my favourite! These make great “secret santa” gifts for diabetics!
- The Diabetic Slang - All these phrases ring true!
- Proud Owner of a Useless Pancreas - we should be proud!
- Be Nice to Diabetes: We Deal With Enough Pricks Already - An absolute classic hehe
The awesome Chessie King created these awesome wall prints that radiate motivation and awesomeness for all the t1d warriors out there.
Her boyfriend, Matt, is diabetic and these wall prints reflect the courage and nature of t1d.
I think they’re an awesome gift for diabetics.
Book gifts for diabetics
There are actually some great books for diabetics on the internet, some are inspirational, motivational and some are just practical! Either way, they make great gifts for diabetics.
- Think Like A Pancreas - I've seen this everywhere!
- Sugar Linings: Finding the Bright Side of Type 1 Diabetes - This girl is one of my inspirations, so her book is probably amazing (planning on getting a copy for myself this Christmas!)
- Carbs & Cals - I think this makes counting carbs both in daily life and while travelling a lot easier!
- Travelling With World With Type 1 Diabetes, by Cazzy Magennis - You didn't think I’d go this whole guide and not mention my own book? ;) Yes, I am that cheeky! But it’s truly a practical and useful book covering everything you could ever need to travel anywhere with type 1 diabetes, whether it’s a short or long term trip, and you get a diabetic ID free, and you get a discount sheet which gives you discounts to Frio, MySugarCase, PimpMyDiabetes, and many more!
So there you have it, my guide to awesome gifts for diabetics! Hopefully you can find something unique here to gift your favourite T1D.
Do you have any other gift ideas to recommend? Great, just let me know below!