5. Including the headquarters in Amsterdam, Booking.com has 198 offices in more than 70 countries worldwide.
Booking.com Website Traffic
Is Booking.com the biggest travel website?
6. In October 2022, Booking.com was the most visited travel and tourism website in the world, with 511 million visits.
Booking.com had approximately 511 million visits in October 2022. Meanwhile, Tripadvisor.com and Airbnb.com followed with around 150 and 93 million visits respectively.
7. Booking.com is followed by Tripadvisor and Airbnb as the top 3 online travel websites.
The top three travel and tourism websites are Booking.com, Trip Advisor, and Airbnb, all of which are online travel booking platforms.
8. Still, the 511 million website visits in October 2022 was still a decline from the previous months, which was 538.3 million in September 2022.
9. In 2022, the number of visits to Booking.com hit its peak in July with 704.7 million total visits.
There is a high chance that the number had peeked in July because it was the height of the summer season, when a lot of people, especially students, have summer break.
10. In terms of online booking for hotel and private accommodation in the Uninted States, Booking.com was also the most popular brand, with 32% of respondents claiming they have used it to make said bookings.
Booking.com is followed by Expedia and Hotels.com.
11. 9.59% of all visitors to Booking.com is from the United States.
Meanwhile, the UK sits on the eighth spot with 15,366 accommodations awarded a Travel Sustainable certification.
36. Overall, over 1.25 million accommodations on Booking.com have given out information about the sustainability practices they have taken.
Irrespective of whether or not these accommodations meet the minimum threshold for Booking.com’s Travel Sustainable badge, it’s still a notable progress that more than 1.25 properties have at least some form of sustainability practices in place.
37. Booking.com currently offers hybrid and fully electric vehicles in 60 countries worldwide.
38. As a company, Booking.com’s operations were carbon-neutral in 2021 and they had also transitioned to 100% renewable electricity.
The company is even aiming to have net-zero emissions by 2040 as part of their Climate Action Plan.
39. Booking.com launched the Travel Proud training program in August 2021 and now has over 10,000 Proud Certified properties in 95 countries.
The Travel Proud initiative strives to make their properties as welcoming as possible for guests in the LGBTQ+ community.
How many people are employed in Booking.com?
40. 36% of the Booking Holdings' Board of Directors are women.
4 members, or 36%, of the directors in Booking Holdings are women. This shows the increasing role of women in the overall travel industry, both as the travellers and in the workplace itself.
41. Booking Holdings also employs people from more than 140 countries across the globe.
Disclaimer: Fully research your destination prior to travel, or any products prior to purchase. We can accept no responsibility for anything you experience as a result of the information found on this website. Some posts may contain affiliate links, which means we receive a small commission for some purchases, at no additional expense to you. Read more here.
I'm an Economics graduate with a passion for travel. In 2016 I decided to ditch the office environment, work from my laptop and travel to every country in the world. You'll find me working out of a cafe in Bali, perhaps on a riverboat in Brazil or maybe even an airport lounge in New Delhi.
5 million people can't be wrong
Get exclusive weekly travel tips. Subscribe to our travel newsletter here.
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.
No spam, we promise, unsubscribe at any time. & updates on our drive around the world