The top 22 best private pool villas in Bali
During this Bali villa guide I'll be giving you an overview of my all time favorite private pool villas in Bali.
You’ll probably recognize quite a few of these because they’re very Instagram-famous.
1. Hideout Beehive Bali $$$ - One of the BEST Airbnbs Bali has to offer
Hideout Bali is honestly one of the most beautiful and famous Airbnbs in all of Bali.
You’ve probably seen it in magazines, on Instagram, or even just heard people talk about it. This is an epic piece of accommodation in Bali.
This is a super unique eco-stay (with a luxury vibe) hidden in the mountains of Gunung Agung Volcano, surrounded by secluded rice paddies, hidden from the traditional hustle and bustle of Bali life.
This property is made out of bamboo, features two floors, with an outdoor shower, flower pool, beautiful bedrooms, kitchen and more.
It’s truly an EPIC experience. But since it is one of the most popular Airbnbs in the world, it will sell out quickly, so if you find an available date, do not hesitate to book!
They also have two other properties that are part of the Hideout Brand that you can try if your first option isn’t available. They’re all equally as awesome as each other.
- Direct river view with private pool looking onwards
- Secluded jungle escape providing a truly unique experience
- Scooter rental is included as part of your stay
2. Villa Sanglung $$$ - The best Bali Villa with a private infinity pool
Located in the north part of Bali, this stunning private pool villa is unbelievably beautiful.
You’re greeted with a 180 degree view of uninterrupted ocean views and jungle vibes.
The villa describes itself as one of the last untouched places and a glimpse into what Bali was like 50 years ago and I totally agree.
The gorgeous infinity pool is the perfect place to relax with a drink, and there are 2 large bedrooms (both with bathrooms) and a wonderful Bali style bathtub, perfect for re-creating those famous flower baths.
This gorgeous villa also has an open concept living area, with kitchen, open air living/dining area and a beautiful terrace. It can sleep up to 8 people so perfect if you’re travelling with a group and seeking an epic experience.
- Infinity pool
- Staff & night security are included
- Excursions can be arranged around Bali
3. Camaya Bali Pyramid $$$ - One of the top luxury places to stay in Bali
This is one of the most dreamy private pool villas in Bali and it’s on my own personal hotel bucket list!
Again this is another unique form of accommodation that prides itself on giving you a full experience.
The property is situated in one of the more remote parts of Bali, surrounded by rice paddies and it offers open views of the small valley.
This bamboo house is semi-enclosed meaning you’ll have the chance to experience nature with a hint of luxury.
You can spend your day lounging in the nets or choose to relax in your own private outdoor Jacuzzi overlooking the rice fields. This is another dreamy location that books out in advance.
It can sleep up to 4 people, but I also think it would make a really romantic place to stay in Bali for an anniversary or honeymoon experience. (Maybe even a proposal!)
- Private Bali pool/Jacuzzi
- Open house design with no locks
- Immersed in nature
4. Ananda House $$$ - A great Eco-friendly villa in Bali
This beautiful private pool villa in Bali has that eco-vibe and will allow you to be at one with nature.
This is a villa with a twist and you’ll be sure to enjoy a fantastic stay at this property.
The architecture of this bamboo villa is unbelievable.
This property is nestled in a tropic forest above the beautiful Ayung River (popular for white river water rafting in Bali!)
This property has been crafted entirely from blonde and black bamboo and comprises three separate, spectacular buildings entered through a private, luxuriant, tropical garden.
This boutique villa in Bali is all for you and you’ll never want to leave. This is honestly one of the most impressive places I’ve ever seen!
- Personal chef, yoga instructor can all be arranged
- A super luxury property in both exterior and interior
- Private spa on-sight
5. Wapa di Ume Sidemen $$ - The best Bali resort with a private pool
If you desire all the quirks and desires of a resort style accommodation, coupled with the privacy of a private pool villa, then you’re going to love this spot.
Located in Sidemen, which is honestly one of the most beautiful places in Bali (even better than Ubud!), this property looks like a fantastic villa for a honeymoon celebration or if you just fancy a touch of luxury.
The one bedroom private pool villa overlooks rice paddies from the panoramic hillsides from a spacious balcony.
You’ve got your own spacious private pool, and you actually get a bunch of benefits such as, local evening cocktails, daily fruit basket, yoga, and much more. Excursions are available that allow you to discover the untouched beauty of Sidemen are arranged daily too.
This is one of the best Bali resorts with private pool possibilities!
- Stay 6 nights or more and get a complimentary Balinese massage
- Private infinity style swimming pool with epic views
- On-site gym and spa
6. Balian Treehouse $$ - A unique private pool villa in Bali with a twist
It may refer to itself as a treehouse, but it’s actually one of the most impressive private pool villas Bali has to offer.
This is no treehouse you played in when you were little. This is a stunning villa offering luxury accommodation in a jungle -like setting.
With your own private gardens and swimming pool, you’ll feel like you’ve been transported to another planet. AND, this property is also 3 minutes away from the beach, which gives you the best of both worlds.
The rooms are spacious and beautifully designed, and you’re a short walk from local bars and restaurants. You’re also in the perfect location to experience epic sunsets and sunrises. This is a dreamy stay in Bali!
- Secluded vibe but close to local amenities and the beach
- Affordable option that combines unique accommodation and quality
- Large swimming pool with loungers for relaxing
7. Ocean Beachfront Luxury Design Villa @ Lovina $$$ - The best of luxury villas in Bali with private pool
This villa is described as “Ibiza-style” and it’s honestly one of the most luxurious villas I’ve ever seen.
This place is massive and comes with all the luxurious you’d expect from a private villa!
We’re talking private pools, private staff to help prepare meals, private Jacuzzi, private everything. It seems this property specializes in honeymoons as they offer a honeymoon package.
This looks like one of the most dreamy private pool villas in Bali. Beachfront dining is possible, you’ve got a free-lance driver on hand to whisk you around and this vacation villa is perched directly at the Bali sea, offering spellbinding views of the Ocean. What more could you possibly want!?
- Manager, 2 cooks, housekeeping, gardener, security and a free-lance driver available 8 hours a day
- Floating breakfast and infinity pool
- Wine cooler with imported wines and champagne
8. Villa Asmara $$ - A fantastic romantic villa in Bali
If you want one of the most epic views in all of Bali, then this villa is where you need to stay! Located in the north west coast of Bali, this epic villa actually faces the island of Java and when the sky is clear, you can see the amazing volcanoes on the other side.
This makes for some epic sunrises and sunsets. Not only that, the swimming pool here is vast, private and it’s an infinity pool!
The open plan nature of the villa gives you a spacious, yet homey vibe and there is even an on-site spa and Yoga Pavilion. An on-site restaurant will also provide you with delicious meals throughout the day.
This is also a fantastic place to go diving in Bali and an instructor is on-site to help! This place is super-great value for what you get.
- Diving instructor on-site
- On-site spa offering traditional Balinese massages
- Restaurant available
9. Munduk Moding Plantation Nature Resort & Spa $$$ - One of the best hotels in Bali with private pools
This is another quite famous villa in Bali and it’s reputation lives up to the elegance and luxury it provides.
It’s actually a resort that you can visit during the day, or you can stay in one of the many beautiful rooms. BUT, they also offer one of the most amazing private pool villas in Bali I’ve seen. This is such a cool destination.
Choose the one bedroom villa with a hot tub and you’ll be getting a very large swimming pool AND a hot tub, beautifully decorated rooms and seating areas AND you get a private butler service, and a free daily minibar.
You’ll also be able to make use of the famous infinity pool in the main area and dine at their high quality restaurant. Munduk is a famous region for it’s coffee and this villa is actually on a coffee plantation too!
Oh, you’ll also get epic views of Java island on a clear day too….perfection!
- Private butler
- Access to your own private pool AND the famous Munduk infinity pool
- Immersed in the coffee plantation with epic views
10. Villa Mandala $ - The best cheap private pool villa in Bali
This beautiful private villa is nestled in the rice fields of Ubud and only 2km from the centre of Ubud. So a perfect place to escape the hustle and bustle of Ubud.
This beautiful villa is open and breezy featuring a large terrace with beautiful gardens that transport you into a tropical paradise.
Your private pool experience is in the form of an amazing 10 metre crystal clear salt water pool. The villa also features a large kitchen, beautiful room, AC bedroom and en-suite bathroom. All of this for less than $52 a night!
This is definitely one of the cheapest villas with a private pool in Bali, especially nestled among nature.
- Private walkway into the rice fields where you can enjoy an early morning stroll
- Beautifully designed layout and large bedroom
- 10 m private pool with rice field views
Best Private Pool Villas In Seminyak, Bali
Seminyak is a very popular place to stay in Bali and is packed with great villas with private pools, but I’ve listed a couple of favourites.
11. Singgah Villas $$ - Great private pool villa in Bali for families
These beautiful private pool villas in Seminyak perfectly balance price and quality. The villa itself is spacious, air conditioned and the swimming pool is very big for two people!
You can even arrange a floating breakfast in your swimming pool if you’re heart desires and room service is available.
This villa is located just a 5 minute walk from Double Six beach which is Seminyak's best beach for sunset, lined with colourful umbrellas and too much choice when it comes to cocktails!
This is a great choice if you want to be in the heart of the action, but still retain luxury in a fabulous villa.
- Free shuttle service (to or from Rai international airport)
- Large outdoor pool
- 2 and 3 bedroom villas available for groups of friends and family
12. Berry Amour Romantic Villas $$$ - One of the best villas in Seminyak with private pool
As one half of a couple myself, this romantic villa really appeals to me! Romance is right there in the name.
This place oozes luxury with features such as, a personal 24 hour butler service, free shuttle to Seminyak, 24 hour room service and more.
This villa is located just 2 minutes from Petitgent Beach, and all the villas on offer boast a unique romantic themed vibe with private hot tubs and private pools.
Actually, these villas in Seminyak operate a no children policy, and only 2 adults to one room to really ensure the romantic vibe is kept!
The swimming pool is large, the rooms beautifully decorated and it’s got everything you need for a romantic stay in Bali.
- 24 hour private butler
- Half board dining available
- Bedroom opens up onto the private swimming pool
Best Private Pool Villas In Canggu, Bali
Canggu is bursting with awesome things to do and beautiful areas to visit. Below I highlight two great private pool villas on offer.
13. Villa Aphrodite $ - Best villa in Bali for backpackers on a budget
This beautiful villa is located in Canggu, only a 6 minute walk to Berawa Beach.
This villa features a sizable bedroom, kitchen, bathroom and seating area, and of course you’ve got your own modest sized private pool as soon as you step outside your bedroom.
You’re within walking distance to lots of cafes and restaurants in the tourist hotspot of Canggu, so this is a great option if you want to be close to all the action, but still retain some form of luxury and privacy in your own private pool villa.
It’s also a brilliant price too, so definitely won’t break the bank.
- In the heart of Canggu, close to everything you need
- Smart TV and Netflix included
- Can fit up to six people so perfect for groups of friends
14. Secluded Oasis Villa just minute from the beach $$ - A great value villa in Canggu with a private pool
This beautiful property is part of the Airbnb Plus range, so you know it’s going to deliver. Another great private pool villa located in Canggu that is beautifully decorated and the attention to detail provided at this accommodation is top notch.
This property is ideally located in the heart of Canggu so you're only a few minutes walk from the beach for a surf or yoga session, or from the quirky cafes and bars Canggu has to offer.
The swimming pool is perfect for two, and when you’re tucked away in this villa, you’ll feel like you’re completely alone.
A real hidden gem in the heart of one of Bali's most popular tourist areas.
- Close to all the action, yet still tucked away
- Multiple weekly cleaning included
- 2 minute walk to the beach
Best Private Pool Villas In Ubud, Bali
Ubud has the perfect “Eat, Pray, Love” vibe lots of people seek when visiting Bali, and there is lots of amazing accommodation in Ubud. Below I highlight two fantastic places to stay!
15. Ubud Indah (Luxe Cliff-Side Jungle Villa) $$$ - The best private pool villa in Ubud for your honeymoon
There are lots of resorts in Ubud but I think if you want a romantic honeymoon experience, then an Ubud private pool villa is definitely the way to go.
This beautiful cliff side jungle villa is located just outside Ubud centre, however it feels like you’re in your own little jungle. This luxurious villa is built to a high quality Western standard finish.
There is an amazing infinity pool which overlooks the valley (perfect spot for evening drinks). The villa is two floors and super spacious, and offers everything you need for a fantastic stay in Bali. Beautiful bathtubs are located in the property, there is a garden area for relaxing and the open plan living space oozes light and beauty.
- Epic infinity pool with stunning views
- High speed internet and large TV
- Modern design throughout and spacious
16. Kawan Antique Ubud Villa $$ - One of the most popular private pool villas in Ubud
This is one of the most sought after villas in Ubud! And I’m not surprised why.
This place oozes beauty and is totally unique. It’s in the name: antique. The vibes throughout the whole villa are traditional and authentic.
The private swimming pool is large and beautifully designed. The rooms are spacious and you can make use of the free daily shuttle into Ubud centre each day. This is a great villa for those looking for a peaceful and unique stay in Bali.
The villa is also nestled in rice terraces and nature. Oh, and there’s a classic Bali flower bath available too for the ultimate relaxing experience.
- Unique setting among nature and rice fields
- Antique design throughout the villa
- Room service available
Best Private Pool Villas In Uluwatu, Bali
Uluwatu is famous for its surfing, sunsets and all-round chilled out vibes! Below are two of my favourite private pool villas Uluwatu has to offer.
17. Villa Awan $$ - Fantastic villa in Uluwatu for groups
This beautiful private pool villa is located on the hills in Uluwatu, naturally greeting you with 260º stunning views of the sea and nature.
The villa is made up of 3 levels, meaning it’s super spacious and can fit up to 6 guests, so a great choice for couples in Bali or a group of friends. The private swimming pool is large, beautiful and includes a solarium.
This property is in the perfect place to enjoy epic sunsets every night and you’re close to lots of the best attractions in Uluwatu via a quick moped ride.
Great for those who love surfing too as you’re close to one of the best surf beaches in Bali: Padang Padang beach.
- Hilltop location with epic views
- Great location with close access to beaches and bars
- Fantastic swimming pool
18. Uma Bingin Villa $ - One of the cheaper private pool villas in Uluwatu
This beautiful private villa is the perfect size for two people and it’s a fantastic price.
You’ve got your own modest sized private swimming pool, a beautifully large villa with air conditioning, a large bath, and the bedroom opens up onto the swimming pool.
What a way to start your day!
You can access all the great beaches in Uluwatu with a quick moped ride and the property is fully equipped with cooking utensils and a mini bar to create romantic evening meals. For the excellent price of this property, I don't think you’ll get anywhere better!
- Step out of your bedroom to your swimming pool
- Great location close to bars, restaurants and great beaches
- Open plan living/kitchen area
Best Private Pool Villas In Nusa Dua, Bali
Nusa Dua is a popular spot among families and those couples seeking some luxury! There are some epic private villas in Nusa Dua and these are two of my favourites.
19. Amarterra Villas Bali Nusa Dua $$$ - A super luxury villa in Nusa Dua
This is 5-star luxury at its finest. If money is no issue and you want the best of the best, then this is the top private pool villa Nusa Dua has to offer you.
Your one bedroom villa is large, open plan, beautiful and includes a fabulous outdoor shower. This villa features a private pool, dining and seating areas. Air-conditioned bedrooms include a flat-screen satellite TV, a wardrobe, and a minibar. The private bathroom comes with a shower, a bathtub and free toiletries.
Oh, and you can access the resort area too which gives you a fabulous on-site restaurant, and fitness center. You’re only a 3 minute walk to the beach, and if you fancy visiting with friends, you can opt for a 2 bedroom villa.
- One of the largest private pools on offer
- Access to a private beach area
- Breakfast is included
20. Romantic Villa $$$ - This is one of my favourite Nusa Dua private pool villas
This beautiful villa in Nusa Dua is a perfect choice for couples. This one bedroom villa with a private pool is beautifully decorated and offers everything you need for a comfortable stay in Bali.
This includes air conditioned rooms, fully equipped kitchen and a stay here also provides additional benefits such as, free breakfast, dinner for 3 nights of your stay, afternoon tea, welcome fruit baskets and many more little perks!
You’re in a great location to Nusa Dua beach which is the best beach in Bali for watersports.
- Nightly turndown service
- Spacious private swimming pools
- Breakfast and dinner included
Best Private Pool Villas In Sanur, Bali
Sanur offers the chance of beautiful beach walks, awesome water sports activities and much more, and it’s got a great variety of villas, two of which I highlight below!
21. Villa Aquarama $$ - A well-priced beautifully designed villa in Sanur
This beautiful, tranquil villa is located in the family-friendly area of Sanur, Bali.
There I think this is a great villa for families or for a joint couples getaway looking for a peaceful time in Bali.
This villa comes with everything you need including a fabulous infinity pool, beautiful gardens and an outdoor kitchen and dining area. This property is beautifully decorated and it’s highly rated as very clean, and you can tell just from the photos.
You are only a 5 minute walk to the beautiful beach, shops and restaurants.
- Beautiful infinity pool
- Great location
- Outdoor living areas
22. Villa Tarku $$ - The best private pool villa in Bali for families
This villa is PERFECT for families. It can fit up to 12 people and has specific kids rooms!
The villa is made up of two floors with 3 bedrooms all with private bathrooms. There is a huge terrace with 2 sunbeds, 2 sofas, a chair and a dining table. All bedrooms, kitchen, living room with individual air-conditioning.
You’re only 5 minutes away from the beach, restaurants and cafes. The private swimming pool has an adults area and a kids area, and if you’re travelling with children, the villa provides a high chair, baby cot and toys! Perfect.
The villa is beautifully decorated throughout.
- Two zone swimming pool: kids and adult area
- Rooftop terrace
- Close to everything you need
Where to stay in Bali
So there you have it, my guide on the best private pool villas Bali has to offer. With so many amazing places to visit in Bali, you might find you’re struggling to decide on what area to stay in Bali, I’ll summarize the benefits of each area, and who I think it’s most suitable for below.
- Uluwatu (South Bali): Perfect for those who love to surf, and want a slightly less built up version of Bali. There is lots to see and do in Uluwatu, and arguably has some of the best sunsets that Bali has to offer.
- Nusa Dua & Sanur: Both of these spots are great locations that are popular with families. They’re both the best areas in Bali for water sports and activities. You’ll find a lot of great hotel resorts and private villas in this area of a high western standard.
- Kuta: If you want to party, then base yourself here, but this isn’t the “real” Bali, so make sure you explore other areas too! Kuta is also a great place to learn how to surf, and do some serious shopping.
- Canggu: A really hip and happening area of Bali, full of backpackers, but quirky and charming all the same. Packed with cute independent stores, amazing cafes and delicious restaurants if you crave that famous Bali bowl.
- Seminyak: More of an adult vibe and you can get a lot of sophistication and luxury if you spend a little more. Brilliant, luxury spas available here. Great place for sunset beach experiences.
- Ubud: The “Eat, Pray, Love” vibe of Bali. Lots of beautiful rice fields, nature and yoga opportunities. Ubud has a very different vibe to the south of Bali, so if you’re looking for something more laid back and chilled, then Ubud might be a great choice for you.
- Sidemen: Ubud is very touristy nowadays, however, Sidemen is basically Ubud but without the crowds, and a lot more beautiful (in my opinion). It’s like it's a better twin...and you can get a glimpse into real Bali life when you visit here.
- North & West Bali: North Bali comprises Lovina, Singaria, the West Bali National park and other spots that are all untouched, beautiful and allows you to really relax and reconnect with nature. This area is a really great spot for honeymooners and the north of Bali is truly where the most epic waterfalls are located.
They aren’t ALL the areas in Bali you can stay, but they are the most popular. But the great thing about Bali is that, regardless of where you stay, you can easily get to other areas in a relatively short amount of time since the island is small. Just rent a moped or a driver and you’ll be able to discover everything.
How long do I need in Bali?
I won’t lie to you, Bali is one of those places that you’ll want to stay forever! But if you’ve only got a limited amount of time, then you’ll be happy to hear that you can visit great places in Bali in just a week, 10 days and 2 weeks. It all depends on what you want.
If you’re taking it slow and only visiting one area with a couple of day trips, then 1 week is great, but if you want to do the entire island, then I suggest two weeks!
You can check out my Bali itinerary for a little more inspiration.
If you’re visiting Bali for the purpose of a romantic getaway, then don’t forget to check out my guide on the most romantic things to do for some inspiration!
I hope you’ve enjoyed this post on the best private pool villas in Bali and if you’ve stayed in any of these beautiful villas, then drop us a comment and let us know. OR, if you’ve got a private pool villa you’d like to recommend then also let us know below.